Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tuning the Air 167

A Tuning the Air Journal

Thursday October 22, 2009 – Tuning the Air 167

Just serves to prove what I already know: the performer has no idea how the performance is going. For the entire set I truly did not know. I was not having any kind of negativity, or anything like that. I simply couldn’t tell. The Zeppelin medley was the only place I had a strong sense that this was really good.

The word from people I trust not to shield me from the truth is that is was a very good show.

Tomorrow the entire team, except Bob and Meleah, are moving down to Gig Harbor for the Orchestra of Crafty Guitarists II Residential Preparation Retreat. This may have some interesting implications for next Thursday’s show.



Tuning the Air 167
Thursday October 22, 2009
Fremont Abbey Arts Center, Seattle, WA
Fall Season Show #5

Preshow:
Joel Palmer Improvisations
Set:
Entrance and Zither - F Harmonic Minor
Tuning The Air - F Harmonic Minor
Zither - F Harmonic Minor: double reverse
The Wig Maker (Gibson)
Sigh and a Kiss (Williams)
Cultivating the Beat (Williams)

Prelude XXII in G Minor (Shostakovich)
Circulation in C Harmonic Minor
Voices of Ancient Children (Kabusacki/Nunez)
Batrachomyomachy (Geballe)

Aquarela do Brasil (Barrosa)
Circulation in C Major
In My Room (Wilson)

Address the audience, and musical chairs.

Tuning The Air - KfaD scale
Mevlevi Greeting - KfaD scale
King for a Day (Jensen)

My Precious Dream (Binder)
The Bus Artist (Abuladze/Metcalf)
Kashmir (Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham)
Twilight (Williams)
Encore:
Thrak (Fripp) [The composer was in the audience. How could we not?]
Lament (Geballe) [Likewise]

No comments:

Post a Comment